Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a public water and wastewater utility committed to providing unparalleled service to residents and businesses in all our service areas. Founded in 1966 by the County of Lehigh, LCA is governed by a nine-member Board of Directors appointed by the County.
LCA is a non-profit, public agency and our activities and services are funded solely through revenues from our water and wastewater customers. Rate-making practices are governed by the Pennsylvania Municipality Authorities Act.
Our Mission is to protect public health and the environment by providing high-quality, safe, and reliable water and wastewater services.
Our Vision is to be a trusted and engaged community partner, advancing the vitality of our region through exceptional water and wastewater services.
Our 2022-2027 Strategic Plan sets the course for our success!
The strategic framework, based on an extensive strategic planning process, considers both our present circumstances and our future goals and will serve as a blueprint for decision-making moving forward. It contains a vision, mission statement, values, and priorities that address LCA’s current challenges and help ensure continued success in operations and the management of resources and assets.
The water and wastewater services we provide are vital for our community. As part of the strategic planning process, we gathered input from our Board Directors, staff, and a variety of stakeholders on the organization’s aspirations, strengths, critical issues, and opportunities. This input provided valuable context for the strategic planning process by helping establish the framework of where we are today and the direction we should take into the future.
Our Shared Values
- Service – We take pride in our role as public servants. We focus on serving customers and each other.
- Engagement – We enjoy learning, exploring new ideas, solving problems, and embracing changes that support continuous improvement.
- Dedication – We give our best effort every day and seek ways to contribute to achieving LCA’s goals.
- Positivity – We face challenges with optimism and foster trust, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Excellence – We strive to make LCA the best utility it can be!
Read, download, or print the
LCA 2022-2027 Strategic Plan to
learn about our focus for the future. (Click the image.)
- Operational Excellence – To proactively ensure safe and reliable service delivery, regulatory compliance, and resilient operations through streamlined processes, best practices, and data-driven decision-making.
- Financial Stewardship – To cost-effectively serve our community, now and in the future, by managing funds effectively and responsibly to support debt commitments, operational needs, and asset management.
- Customer Engagement & Support – To create an exceptional customer experience and build trust and understanding of LCA’s essential services.
- Regional Collaboration & Leadership – To help our region to thrive by growing community confidence in LCA, advancing collaborative efforts, and demonstrating operational excellence.
- System Capacity & Reliability – To dependably meet current and future community needs and achieve optimal levels of service by effectively managing assets and implementing projects to ensure sufficient system capacity.
- Employee Engagement & Safety – To build a safe, cohesive, and engaging workplace in which employees feel personally connected to their work, each other, and LCA’s commitment to excellence.